Equal Opportunity and Inclusiveness
Equal Opportunity Resources
A short definition and listing to different resources
National Higher Education Associations
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU)
Institutional membership organization whose Office of Diversity and Global Initiatives has produced numerous resources around diversity in higher education.
- American Council on Education (ACE)
Institutional membership organization, See especially Office of Minorities in Higher Education and Office of Women in Higher Education and the Educating All of One Nation Conference.
DiversityWeb is a project of AACU's Office of Diversity, Equity, and Global Initiatives (ODEGI). Central to the office's mission is the belief that diversity and global knowledge are essential elements of any effort to foster civic engagement among today's college students. To support those goals, the office helps colleges and universities establish diversity as a comprehensive institutional commitment and educational priority.
- The National Women's History Project
The National Women's History Project is an educational nonprofit organization. Our mission is to recognize and celebrate the diverse and historic accomplishments of women by providing information and educational materials and programs.
- Diversity Central
Diversity Central is a comprehensive diversity resources web site.
- Diversity World
A web site that assists with enriching workplaces and reducing employment barriers.
Online Resources for Faculty on Diversity in the Classroom
- University of Michigan Center for Research on Learning and Teaching: Annotated Bibliographies, Occasional Papers and Other Resources on Multicultural Teaching. http://www.crlt.umich.edu/multibiblio.html
- Arizona State University Intergroup Relations Center resources for faculty and teaching assistants to help manage classroom diversity and achieve desired educational outcomes. http://www.asu.edu/provost/intergroup/resources/facresources.html
- The Center for Teaching and Learning- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1998, Diversity in the College Classroom. http://www.unc.edu/depts/ctl/tfitoc.html
- National Multicultural Institute
NMCI's mission is to work with individuals, organizations, and communities in creating a society that is strengthened and empowered by its diversity. Through its initiatives, NMCI leads efforts to increase communication, understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and addresses some of the important issues of multiculturalism facing our society.
- Fight Hate and Promote Tolerance
Developed and maintained by the Southern Poverty Law Center, this site contains many articles on diversity issues around the country. Contains interactive tests to determine a variety of biases.
- AFRO-American Almanac
The Afro-American site provides detailed information on the history of African Americans beginning with the slave trade to now. Interesting links.
- History and Culture Guide from National Geographic
A History and Culture guide offering access to all of the sites award winning historic and cultural features, related maps, photo galleries, news, lesson plans and more
Black History Month, 2009 Book List- Recent acquisitions available at the Findlay and Toledo Campuses of the Owens Community College Library.