Workforce and Community Services
OSHA HAZWOPER (8 hours)
Waste Site Worker Health and Safety Refresher
[ Popular Programs and Services ] [ Meet our Corporate Training Team ]
[ Satisfied Clients ] [ Benefits ] [ Contact Us ] [ Post A Job Opening ]
Training Program Description
The course provides participants an opportunity to maintain skills and knowledge about protecting the health and safety of personnel working with hazardous wastes and operations on a hazardous waste site. Recognition and control of hazards at a site are reviewed and competencies demonstrated with all personal protective equipment.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe work site characterization.
- Plan a site safety and control program.
- Recognize work site hazards.
- Categorize the characteristics and hazards associated with chemicals.
- Grasp and better understand the principles of toxicology.
- Recognize the purpose, importance, and limitations of respiratory protection programs.
- Recognize the purpose, importance, and limitations of personal protective equipment.
- Identify various types of protective equipment for face, head, foot, and hand protection.
- Explain the importance and provisions of a medical surveillance program.
- Recognize the value of direct reading instruments and the potential hazards from air monitoring.
- Describe various personal sample collection methods.
- Explain how to monitor waste site for radiological hazards.
- Explain the need and value of a detailed plan for material sampling.
- Itemize the various considerations in an emergency situation.
- Describe concerns and need for proper training on safe work practices.
- Recognize the hazards and procedures involved in entering a confined space.
- Recognize the issues and hazards related to trenching and site excavations.
- Display dependability, teamwork, and safe work practices during hands on training.
- Demonstrate decontamination purposes and principles.
- Demonstrate capability in the proper procedures for the use of PPE during hands on training.
- Regulations Overview
- Site Characterization
- Hazard Recognition
- Radiation Hazards
- Respiratory Protection
- PPE: Clothing/Ensembles
- PPE: Foot, Face Hand
- Site Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Air Monitoring
- Personal Sampling
- Material Sampling
- Safe Work Practices
- Confined Space
- Emergency Procedures
Required topics and time frames:
- Regulatory review - 1 hour
- Specific review of curricula material based upon the needs of course participants. - 3 hours
- Selected activities and competency demonstrations directed toward the needs of the course participants. - 4 hours
Start your success today by calling (567) 661-7319.