Remote COMPASS Testing
To take the COMPASS test at Owens for another college:
Testing Services offers proctoring for students who need to take the COMPASS test for another college. Prior to making your appointment, you complete these two steps:
- You must contact the school you will be attending and receive your Remote COMPASS registration number. This will be sent to you via email. It is very important that you bring this with you, as Owens Community College will not be able to access this number.
If you prefer to print out the Application for Examination, you may do so from the same webpage and put it and the payment into the drop box in College Hall across from Oserve (in Toledo) or the payment drop box located outside of the Advising and Oserve offices (in Findlay).
- If mailing, please return to Owens Community College, ATTN: Student Accounts, PO Box 10,000, Toledo, OH, 43699-1947.
- Make all checks payable to Owens Community College.
- The drop box accepts both cash and checks; however, only checks will be accepted by mail. You are responsible for submitting your payment at least 48 hours prior to your preferred testing date.
For more information regarding Remote COMPASS at testing at Owens, click here.
To take the COMPASS test at another college and taking courses at Owens:
Owens Community College allows students to take their COMPASS test at a location away from Owens. You can quickly and conveniently register to take the COMPASS test at one of the over 550 supervised COMPASS testing centers across the country. If you wish to take your COMPASS test at a location other than Owens Community College, you must:
- Contact Testing Services at (567) 661-TEST (8378), and register to take the exam. You must provide your name, social security number, valid email address, and area where you like to test.
- Contact the location where you wish to take your exam. Specifics should be included in the confirmation email you will receive. Some locations may require an appointment. You should call to confirm the cost of the test, hours of operation, and acceptable payment methods. Most locations will require payment in advance.
- When you arrive to take your exam, you must bring with you a valid photo ID, as well as have your Remote COMPASS confirmation number that was included in the email. You will need to adhere to the rules and testing procedures of the testing location.
- At check-in, be sure you notify the office you are taking a Remote COMAPSS test.
For more information regarding Remote COMPASS at another college and taking courses at Owens, click here.