Student in the Library, Graduating Students, Students in the Classroom

Student Mental Health Services

Director of Student Mental Health Services - Lisa Sancrant, Ph.D., PCC-S
(567) 661-2107

Location: Bicentennial Hall Rm. 172
Phone: (567) 661-7168

Business Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Walk-in Hours:
Monday 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Wednesday 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-11 a.m.

After Business Hours:
Contact Department of Public Safety at (567) 661-7575

Welcome to Student Mental Health Services at Owens Community College. It is the mission of Student Mental Health Services to foster personal and academic success through offering individualized and comprehensive support for the personal growth and wellness of students.

Student Mental Health Services (SMHS) offers consultation, mental health assessment, counseling, crisis support, education, prevention, outreach, and linkage to community resources at no additional charge to Owens Community College students. SMHS provides assistance to students experiencing personal, educational, interpersonal/relationship, family, social, or psychological difficulties.

Emergency Services:

If you have a concern about your safety or the safety of others, please contact the Department of Public Safety immediately at (567) 661-7575.

* When responding, DPS will consult with SMHS or other emergency contacts as appropriate*

Emergency and Crisis Contacts:

Lucas County - Rescue Mental Health Services (419) 255-9585

Wood County - The Link (419) 352-1545

Hancock County - Century Health (888) 936-7116

National Sexual Assault Hotline - (800) 656- HOPE (4673)

National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)

All interactions with Student Mental Health Services at Owens Community College, including scheduling of or attendance at appointments, content of your sessions, progress, and your records are confidential as determined by Federal and State Laws, as well as professional codes of ethics. No record of your involvement with SMHS is contained in any academic, educational, or job placement file. You may request in writing that the office staff release specific information about your services to persons you designate.

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture