Requirements to Receive a Certificate
According to college policy a student is eligible to become a candidate for a Certificate when the student has completed all necessary requirements.
What happens after I submit my certificate petition?
Once the certificate petition is submitted, the Records Office will review your initial evaluation.
If the certificate petition is approved:
- You will receive a letter indicating your certificate status
- Certificate information will be communicated on Ozone and will be sent to your student email account.
Approval of the certificate petition does not determine that you will be awarded the certificate. At the end of the semester when final grades have been submitted, the Records Office will review the final evaluation. You must have successfully completed all certificate requirements.
- Students that have been issued an "NGR" or Incomplete (I) grade must complete their course requirements successfully and meet all the certificate requirements prior to the first day of the following semester. Otherwise the certificate petition will be denied.
If the certificate petition is denied:
- You will receive a letter outlining in detail your missing requirements
- For questions regarding a denied petition, you can contact your academic advisor or email email@example.com
- If you are unable to resolve the missing requirements, you must submit a certificate petition for a future semester and pay the appropriate fee.
All students should verify that their mailing address is correct. You can do this on Ozone by:
- Log into your Ozone account
- Under Student Quick Links (left column), select Address Change
- Your current mailing address and phone number will display. If incorrect, please click the UPDATE link shown next to your permanent address.
For questions regarding the status of your petition or requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.