Student in the Library, Graduating Students, Students in the Classroom

Records Office

Name Changes

Your academic record always reflects your full legal name while in attendance at Owens Community College. A former student has the option of requesting the name on his/her Academic Record be modified to reflect a change in he/her legal name


To protect the integrity of your Academic Record, we require your written authorization and documentary proof of your name change. Your written authorization should include your Social Security Number, all former names; the year and term you last attended OCC, your complete new name and your signature authorizing the change. You may use the Name Change Form to authorize us to change your name on your Academic Record.

To verify your request for a name changes you must present a valid photo ID (Driver's License, or Passport, or State ID) when submitting this form. If returning this form by mail, a copy of Driver License or Passport or State ID) must be included with this form.

Name Change/Social Security Number Form

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture