Student in the Library, Graduating Students, Students in the Classroom

Study Abroad

Study Abroad Scholarship Websites

Study Abroad Scholarships - The Office Of International Services encourages you to consider studying abroad. Please contact our office at (567) 661-2773 for more information about study abroad opportunities. The following programs offer scholarships and financial assistance to help students study abroad.

  • The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies abroad. Such international study is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world.

  • Boren Scholarships & Fellowships - Funding from the National Security Education Program (NSEP) supports U.S. undergraduate and graduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests: Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Up to $20,000 for undergraduates and $30,000 for graduate students depending on cost and length of program. Annual Deadline: January for graduate students, February for undergraduates. Contact:; 1-800-618-NSEP

  • IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding - This valuable funding resource allows you to search by country or subject to find study abroad funding information. The Institute of International Education's comprehensive database of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, and grants can help make your dream of studying abroad a financial possibility and a profound reality.

  • Critical Language Scholarship Program -

  • The Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships program -

  • The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a publicly-funded independent organization of higher education institutions in Germany -

Helpful Study Abroad Program Websites

Other Study Abroad Resources

  • Institute of International Education (IIE) Passport - IIEPassport provides a list of many study abroad programs. To get started, you can either search for a study abroad program, or go to IIE's study abroad student center for a variety of helpful articles, the IIE's study abroad student guide, and many other resources that can help you decide what destination might be right for you.

  • The College Consortium for International Studies, a partnership of colleges and universities -- two and four year, large and small, public and private, domestic and foreign. CCIS is committed to developing international experience as an integral part of collegiate education. CCIS works to build collaborative arrangements among institutions who share this commitment, and to facilitate linkages between member institutions and international partners.

  • Fulbright U.S. Student Program - The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for U.S. graduating college seniors, graduate students, young professionals, and artists to study abroad for one academic year for study and research abroad. In addition, Critical Language Enhancement Awards are available to grantees for study of critical need foreign languages before their grant period. More than 1,500 Americans receive grants to study abroad with either full or partial support from the Fulbright Program.

Faculty Resources

  • "More Colleges Coach Professors to Lead Study-Abroad Trips"

    Faculty-led study-abroad programs have proliferated in recent years, as colleges have sought ways to give time- and cash-strapped students some international exposure. Marrying academics' international experience with students' interests has seemed an ideal match for many institutions.

    But as the programs have grown, colleges have discovered that relying on faculty members to design and organize study-abroad trips does not always go as smoothly as hoped. Professors often lack the administrative know-how to manage the nuts and bolts of such trips. And they must juggle their planning with other academic responsibilities.

  • CCID "Troika" Study Abroad Model - Thinking about establishing or connecting a study abroad component to one of your courses? Check out the Troika Model and see what colleagues at similar institutions are doing.

  • Fulbright Specialists Program - The Fulbright Specialists Program, a short-term complement to the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program, sends U.S. faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects at overseas academic institutions for a period of 2 to 6 weeks.

  • Fulbright New Century Scholars Program - The Fulbright New Century Scholars Program supports a select group of U.S. and foreign scholars to conduct international, interdisciplinary, collaborative research on a specific topic of global importance.

Visit Campus pictureOnline Classes picture