Support The Owens Annual Fund
Invest in Student Completion
Each year, donations from people like you provide more than 180 scholarships to Owens Community College students through the Foundation. Over 60 percent of students who have been awarded a Foundation Scholarship have received a certificate or associate degree from Owens. You may choose to donate to a specific scholarship fund or to the general scholarship fund.
Scholarships listed on the pledge form include:
- Alumni Legacy Endowed Scholarship – Provides scholarships for children of Alumni Association members.
- Honors Scholarship – Provides scholarships to students in the College’s Honors Program. The mission of the Honors Program is to provide a challenging educational opportunity, above and beyond the standard curriculum, for exceptional students who strive for academic excellence.
- Leadership Scholarship – Provides scholarships to Student Government officers. The purpose of Student Government is to represent the student population on both campuses by addressing the needs and concerns of the student body and to carefully listen to suggestions from the student body.
- Owens Faculty Association Scholarship – Provides scholarships for children of Owens Faculty Association members.
- Success Tuition Assistance Program – Provides grants for high school graduates who demonstrate financial need (qualify for the Pell Grant), but who do not receive enough Pell Grant money to cover their tuition.
Invest in Learning and Programs
Owens Community College faculty and staff provide the highest level of teaching and service using the latest techniques and advanced technologies. You may choose to support a:
- Academic/College Department
- Student Organizations
- Center for Fine & Performing Arts
- Harvest Food Pantry
- Library Services
How Far Do Your Dollars Go?
- $459 pays for one course for any student.
- $1,000 buys one year of books for any student.
- $1,500 funds the average student in the Success Tuition Assistance Program.
- $7,800 funds an associate’s degree for one student.
What is Your Return on Investment?
Since 2002, the Owens Community College Foundation has invested in success by awarding nearly $1.6 million in scholarship and program funding, enabling hundreds of students to realize their academic and career goals. Since the majority of community college graduates remain in their community following graduation, the education and training received at Owens is a tremendous investment in – and asset to – communities throughout Northwest Ohio. Thanks to Owens’ affordable tuition rates, your charitable dollars assist more students for a longer period of time than they would at a private college or university. Donating to Owens Community College is a wise investment.
Invest in Success
Read more in our Invest in Success brochure.
For more information regarding scholarship or program funds, please contact the Foundation Office at (567) 661-7603 or email@example.com.