General Enrollment Student
Welcome! Here's how to get started...
- Campus Visit - Meet with a representative that will answer your questions, explain admissions requirements and provide an abbreviated tour. Schedule an appointment online at www.owens.edu/explore/ under the Future Students link or contact the office of your choice at:
- Toledo-area Campus/Arrowhead Park: (567) 661-7777 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 7777
- Findlay-area Campus: (567) 429-3509 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 3509
- Owens at The Source downtown: (567) 661-2732 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 2732
- Apply for Admission - Complete your application for admission online
- Admission Application Fee
If you are a new student, returning student who is applying for re-admission or international student, a $20 fee will be assessed for completing the admissions application beginning Monday, March 18, 2013. The fee will be charged at the time you register for classes.
After you complete an admissions application, it remains active for one semester. If you do not register for classes during that semester, you must re-apply in order to attend classes the next semester.
- Request Previous Academic Documents be Mailed to the Office of the Registrar
- High School transcript or GED certificate
- ACT/SAT scores (required for Health Technology)
- Other transcripts (college, military, LPN, A.I.B., etc.)
- Set up your Free Campus Ozone E-mail account - Go to Ozone and follow the instructions to set up your personal account. Your financial aid information, class schedule and unofficial transcript are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Ozone.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships - Applying for financial aid is a separate process that should be started as soon as possible. Complete the financial aid form online. The FAFSA is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov (Owens School code is 005753). For assistance or additional information, please call the OSERVE Office at (567) 661-7378 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, ext. 7378
- Take the COMPASS Placement test. The Placement test is offered on the Toledo Campus, Findlay Campus, The Source, and Arrowhead park locations. Contact Testing Services for hours of operation and more information at (567) 661-8378 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 8378
Students with disabilities who need an accommodation or modification for testing should contact the Office of Disability Services at 1-800-GO-OWENS, extension 7007, prior to scheduling the placement test.
- Register for New Student Orientation Session - Learn more about Owens and be prepared to begin classes at this interactive event. Contact Office of Student Success at (567) 661- 2299 (Toledo) or go to the New Student Orientation website to schedule your session.
- Meet with an academic advisor - An advisor can assist with the selection of courses for your major. If you're considering transferring to another college, you should come prepared with transcripts and consult an advisor to develop a personal transfer plan. Contact the Office of Admissions and Advising to make an appointment:
- Toledo-area Campus: (567) 661-7777 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 7777
- The Source: (567) 661-2732
- Findlay-area Campus: (567) 429-3509 or 1-800-FINDLAY, Ext. 3509
- Arrowhead: (567) 661-7150
- Register for classes - Registration is available online - visit the Register Online page for more information.
- Photo ID - Have your photo taken for your Owens Express Card student ID as soon as 30 minutes after you register for classes. The ID station is located at the Dept. of Public Safety in Alumni Hall on the Toledo-area Campus and in the Dept. of Public Safety building on the Findlay campus. Contact them at 567-661-7130 (Toledo) or 567-429-3586 (Findlay) if you have questions. Students will need their State issued ID or Driver's license with them to obtain their Owens Student ID.
- Pay your tuition and fees - You can see your tuition and fee balance through your Ozone account. Owens does not mail paper invoices to students and you will not be "billed" through the mail. A variety of payment options are offered to you, including our deferred payment plan that allows you to make installment payments. For additional information, contact the Oserve Office with questions at (567) 661-7378. Make sure you are aware of refund timelines for Add/Drop dates by reviewing the Add/Drop Dates webpage.