[ Page 1 | Page 2 ]
How do I enroll?
- Enrollment in a web-course is handled the same as enrollment in a traditional face-to-face course. If you are not a current Owens Community College student, you will first need to be admitted to the college. If you are a current Owens Community College student, you may use Ozone to register for the class, or contact your advisor.
What is an ISP?
- ISP stands for Internet Service Provider, such as Brightnet, Roadrunner, Netzero, or MSN. You will need an ISP in order to connect to the Internet.
Do I need a computer?
- Yes. In addition to Internet access, you will also need word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, and any other software that the instructor has specified.
- You will need reliable access to the computer, as well as the Internet. You will be able to use the computers in the common computer labs on campus. You will want to consider all of your options before enrolling in an online course.
Do I need Internet access?
- Yes. Your course will be delivered via the Internet. You may choose dial-up or DSL (dedicated) service.
What are the hardware and software requirements for Blackboard?
- For information on the hardware and software requirements for Blackboard, click here.
How do I contact my instructor?
- Your instructor will provide you with their preferred method of communication. Most instructors use email and/or voice mail as their primary mode of communication.
- Your instructor will not be available 24/7, even though the course is. Please allow at least a 24 hour response time when contacting your instructor.
Do I have to come to campus?
- Most online courses have been set up so that you do not have to come to campus. Contact the instructor for individual course requirements.
- An optional orientation is provided on campus at the beginning of each semester.
- Some instructors require that testing be completed on campus.
How do I take tests/exams?
- Individual instructors determine how the tests are administered. If the test/exam is not administered online, you may be required to take the tests/exams in the testing center on campus, or at a proctored location near you.
What if I enroll late?
- If you enroll late, contact the instructor immediately so that you will have the necessary information to begin your course.
- Understand that online courses begin the first day of the semester. Starting late may put you behind.
[ Page 1 | Page 2 ]