Student & Alumni Employment Registration
Off-Campus employment is available through our online job board, College Central Network®, and can be viewed by all current Owens Community College students and alumni after completing the following registration process.
- If you would like assistance with your resume and/or cover letter, please make an appointment with a Career Advisor by calling (567) 661-2387 on the Toledo-area Campus or (567) 429-3509 on the Findlay-area Campus.
- If you have any questions about Off-Campus Employment or the College Central Network (CCN), please call (567) 661-7715 or email Lynn Hoehn.
Registering on College Central:
- Go to: www.collegecentral.com/owens
- Select the Student or Alumni icon, and read the information and announcements.
- Click on Create Account
- Enter your OCID Number as your User ID, create a Password that you will remember
- Then select Continue
- Complete all requested information on the registration form.
- Choose if you would like to receive job information from CCN and/or Career Services based on your preferences and qualifications.
- Be sure to upload or create a resume (see instructions below). Many jobs require a resume to apply and employers can do resume searches for qualified candidates.
- Complete all requested information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so be as thorough as possible.
- Be sure to select the degree and major that you are pursuing.
- From your homepage, select Search Postings to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then select Begin Search. You may also select Search over 500,000 Jobs, CCN’s national jobs database.
Note: When conducting a job search using CCN, be aware that by selecting several search criteria you are narrowing your search. It is a good idea to conduct a focused search, but also try searching different criteria.
- To monitor your job search, select My Job Search History from your homepage.
- Review the Media Library to get additional job search tips and company info.
- Resume Upload is on your homepage, in the My Resumes section.
- Acceptable formats are listed.If you do not upload a resume, employers will not be able to find you when they search for candidates and you may miss out on opportunities.
- Resumes not updated after 18 months may be purged from the database.
- Choose the Headlines categories that are of interest to you.
You can visit the Web site 24/7. To login, after selecting the Student/Alumni icon from the homepage, enter your User ID and Password. It is imperative to keep your information updated.
Applying for a Posted Position
- Log onto www.collegecentral.com/owens and log in using your User ID and password.
- Click on Search Postings to My School. Enter the job search criteria and click Begin Search. Or select Quick Search if you would like to view all posted jobs.
- Click on the job(s) you are interested in applying for. The options for applying for the position(s) will be listed under Contact information.
Other Benefits of Registering
- Media Library
- Job Search Kit
-- Cover Letters