Free Classes for Buckeye Broadband High Speed Internet Subscribers
Level 2 Class Overview
This free seminar is provided by Owens Community College to Buckeye Broadband subscribers.
- Hands on, held in a computer lab (we supply the computer)
- 90 minutes in length, held on Saturday mornings
- Continuation of Internet Basics Level 1 class
- Held at Fire Science & Law Enforcement Building on Biniker Road, Perrysburg Township
-- View GPS Navigation Coordinates
-- View Campus Map with Parking Locations
- Key topics - e-mail file attachments, Spam control, Cookies, Address Book
The 90 minute session is a continuation of the Level 1 seminar.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU ATTEND
- Basic mouse, keyboard, and Microsoft Windows skills
- Attendance in Level 1 class (or equivalent skills)
- Please bring your Primary Buckeye Broadband account password to class if you wish to participate in the Membership Services lesson. (Call Buckeye support at 419-724-9800 for assistance with password issues).
- The purposes and dangers of e-mail file attachments
- Learning to assess virus risk by analyzing file attachment extensions
- The three-layer strategy for avoiding viruses
- Dealing with uncooperative file attachments
- Understanding browser history and cookies - dangers and myths
- Tips for addressing messages properly
- Smart setup of your e-mail Address Book
- Pros and cons of using Mail Client Software and Buckeye WebMail
- Blocking unwanted e-mails and assuring messages from friends are delivered