Resources for Students and Parents
Owens Services Links
Specific Services Links
The following list of resources can help you navigate your journey as a student or the parent of a student. These resources are provided not only by Owens Community College, but also by other colleges and organizations. Owens Community College is not responsible for content on web pages outside of the owens.edu domain.
- The Ohio Learning Network - OLN helps Ohioans find educational programs that meet their needs, works with colleges and universities using technology to improve teaching and learning, and helps build partnerships among higher education, schools, businesses, and communities
- Are you ready for Distance Learning? - Are you READI for online classes? Use the READI Assessment
- General questions for an advisor? Use the Chat service or send an email.
Military Veterans & Active Duty
- Owens Veteran Information
- Help for PTSD: Call 1-800-273-TALK
- AMVETS - veterans organization dedicated to service to veterans and the community, featuring a network of trained national service officers (NSOs) accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- GovBenefits - a partnership of Federal agencies whose shared vision is to provide improved, personalized access to government assistance programs.
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America - the nation's first and largest group dedicated to the Troops and Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the civilian supporters of those Troops and Veterans.
- Student Veterans of America - a coalition of student veterans groups from college campuses across the United States that works to develop new student groups, coordinate between existing student groups, and advocate on behalf of student veterans at the local, state, and national level.
- The American Legion - American Legion's Family Support Network provides immediate assistance to service personnel and families whose lives have been directly affected by Operation Iraqi Freedom and America's war on terror.
- United States Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA)
- Wounded Warrior Project - a VA accredited organization that serves wounded service members and their families by providing guidance and help to navigate government benefits. They also help build connections between wounded warriors, establishing a network of peers to provide the necessary assistance, friendship, and inspiration.
- Woven (Women Veterans Network) - online community of women veterans committed to supporting women veterans in their transition from military service.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Disabled American Veterans
- American Veterans
Post-Secondary Option Students